We are thrilled to welcome seniors to our newest PACE Center located in Concord, California. PACE enrolled seniors started enjoying the state-of-the-art center on May 1, 2021. This center is open to serve older adults in Concord, Walnut Creek, Pleasant Hill, Martinez, Bay Point, Pittsburg, Antioch, Brentwood, Clayton, Orinda, Lafayette, Moraga and other neighboring communities in Contra Costa County.
For 39 years, Center for Elders’ Independence has offered PACE services to adults aged 55 and over throughout Alameda and West Contra Costa Counties. With this new center, CEI hopes to improve the lives of many more seniors with multiple health conditions and their families with high quality seniors-only focused medical, dental, social, and therapeutic services along with meals and transportation. Transportation is a very important service as we pick up PACE participants for their medical and physical therapy sessions as well as visits to center for social interactions with their friends. Our fleet of vans and busses return people back to their homes.
Features of the New Center
PACE Concord boasts 16,000 beautifully appointed square feet with:
- A spacious 3,132-square-foot, state-of-the-art geriatric health clinic with five exam rooms and one treatment room
- 4,600 square feet dedicated to activities such as group exercise, entertainment and celebrations, with break-out spaces for art projects, games, special interest groups plus a demonstration kitchen
- An ultramodern, spacious 2,000-square-foot fitness gym with cutting edge equipment and staffed with physical and occupational therapists
- An inviting dining room with culturally appealing food choices served in a restaurant-like atmosphere
- A comfortable and secure patio with beautiful landscaping, seating and space for outdoor activities
- Space for a fleet of vans that provide safe rides to and from the center and all medical appointments
It’s located on a quiet cul-de-sac and is accessible to Interstate 680 and Route 242 with plenty of free parking at 1465 Civic Court, Concord.
Take a Video Tour of the beautiful PACE Center.
Big Need in the Future for PACE Health Care
“In the next 10 years, one of every four Californians will be an older adult, and by 2033, Contra Costa County is projected to have 30,000 additional residents over age 60,” said Maria Zamora, CEO.
“With this ‘seismic shift’ in the senior population, demand is growing for our PACE model of care that provides solutions for people with serious health challenges. When seniors have access to transportation, healthy food, home care, a place to exercise safely, new friends, and engaging social activities—combined with excellent medical care—their lives get better,” added Zamora.
Hear what CEI Leaders say why having a PACE Center in Contra Costa County is so important to the community.
You are most welcome to visit the Concord PACE Center by appointment. Experience first hand what we have to offer to older adults 55 and over and their families.
In-person tours are available by calling 510-433-1160 ext 7011 or by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.