Some say that the eyes are a window to the soul. Did you know that the eyes can also be one of the first clues to spotting diseases early, like diabetes or high blood pressure?
Since eye diseases are common and can go unnoticed, take a preventive step in your health and get a comprehensive dilated eye exam by an eye doctor, which will help identify eye diseases in the early stages when treatment to prevent vision loss is most effective.
5 ways to protect your vision:
1. Get regular eye exams: Eye exams help your doctor spot and track any changes in you vision.
2. Eat a healthy diet, including leafy greens such as spinach or kale, and maintain a healthy weight: Did you know that vegetables provide nutrients vital for health and maintenance of your body?
3. Know your family’s eye health history: Some eye conditions that run in your family increase your likelihood of getting them such as: glaucoma, myopia, hyperopia, macular degeneration and astigmatism. So knowing your family eye history is important to early detection.
4. Wear sunglasses that block 99$ to 100% of UV-A and UV-B radiation: When you wear sunglasses it helps protect your eyes from the sun’s harmful rays. Sunglasses are just as important as sunblock.
5. Quit smoking: Tobacco fumes irritate and inflame the eye and can also alter the tear film in eyes for both smokers and those exposed to smoke. Smoking increases the risk of developing cataracts and other diseases.