Discrimination is against the law.
Center for Elders’ Independence complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Center for Elders’ Independence does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Center for Elders’ Independence provides:
- Free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as: Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
Free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services, contact Jane King, Vice President of Operations.
If you believe that Center for Elders’ Independence has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with:
Jane King, Vice President of Operations
Oakland, CA 94612
Phone: (510) 433-1150
TDD/TTY: (510) 433-1165 (for the hearing or speech impaired)
Fax: (510) 452-8836
You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax, or e-mail. If you need help filing a grievance, Jane King, Vice President of Operations is available to help you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD/TTY)
Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html
Center for Elders' Independence
510 17th Street, Oakland, CA 94612
- 510 17th Street, Oakland, CA 94612
- 1497 Alcatraz Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94702
- 7200 Bancroft Avenue, Ste 188, Oakland, CA 94605
- 1850 Fairway Drive, San Leandro, CA 94577
- Hong Fook Adult Day Health Center
275 14th Street, Oakland, CA 94612
- Guardian Adult Day Center
3905 San Pablo Dam Road, El Sobrante, CA 94803
- 1465 Civic Court, Concord, CA 94520